How to maintain electric bikes?
- You should in general take care of your electric bike the way you would with a regular bicycle by keeping it dry, clean and the moving parts well lubricated. You should also avoid parking your Poweredbicycles in exposed areas whenever possible.
- You should check the effectiveness of the brakes before each use.
For your electric bike, you should also take note of the following:
- Your electric bike is designed for regular road use for a single person. Using your electric bike for extreme maneuvers, such as extreme off-road use, jumping, or carrying excessive load will damage the electric bike and could cause serious injury.
- Do not use high pressure water streams to clean your electric bicycle, as water might seep inside the motor or the wiring compartment and cause rusting of electrical parts or short circuits.
- Avoid parking your bike outside when there is rain or snow. At the end of a trip where there was rain or snow, bring the electric bike inside and use a clean, dry towel to eliminate any wetness.
- Be sure you do not lose both keys. If you lost one key, you should immediately make a copy as a back-up. If you lost both keys, you will be unable to remove the battery from your electric bike.
Special Care for the Battery and the Charger
- Use only the supplied charger to charge your battery. Do not use an unauthorized substitute. If your charger is lost or damaged, contact your dealer to order a replacement.
- Do not open or alter the battery or the battery charger.
- Do not place the battery near fire or corrosive substances. Do not immerse in water or other liquids.
- Avoid subjecting the battery to high temperature, such as directly under the hot sun, for prolonged periods of time.
- Do not connect (short circuit) the two poles of the battery.
- After much use, your battery"s charge holding capacity will decrease. If you find that your battery does not hold sufficient charge even for short trips, you should contact your dealer to order a replacement. Under normal use, the battery will undergo 1000 charging and discharging cycles.
- If the battery will not be used for an extended period of time, charge it fully and recharge it every 3 months. Store it in a cool place.
battery is engineered with precision for high capacity and a long useful life. We do not recommend that you use it to power other electrical devices. Improper use of the battery will damage the battery and shorten its useful life, and may cause fire or an explosion.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ("https:" == document.location.protocol ? "https://ssl" : "http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);